Tuesday, January 18, 2011

One Pot Mac & Cheese

I am so excited, because I just found THE EASIEST recipe for mac & cheese (that doesn't come from a blue box).  Yes, there are fancier and tastier recipes out there, but this one is PERFECT for a quick lunch.  My kids gobbled it up, I think it was one of their favorites.  This is going to be my new go-to recipes for the quick lunchtime macaroni.  Can't beat it!  Just a few ingredients, one pot, quick, and TASTY!  This also fits right in with my post from yesterday, about minimizing the processed ingredients in our diet and cooking more from scratch!

Picture will be coming soon...next time I make it!  I didn't have my camera handy at lunchtime today but I didn't want to forget where I got this recipe, so I am posting it anyway!

One Pot Mac & Cheese

4 cups water
2 cups milk
4 chicken bouillon cubes
1 lb. macaroni noodles (or other small pasta)
3 cups cheddar cheese, shredded

In a large saucepan, mix water, milk, bouillon, and pasta. Bring to a boil and let it simmer, stirring occasionally, until nearly all of the liquid is gone and the pasta is tender (about 10 minutes). Remove from heat and stir in cheese. Enjoy!

Makes 6 servings

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you enjoyed it! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delicious and easy! I'm copying it saving it to my file and will have to try it one day. Thanks for sharing!
    Best,
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails