Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Gracie's Chocolate Muffins

A couple of weeks ago, my daughter wanted to play Nick Jr.  She hadn't played in quite some time, so I set her up with her very favorite Holly Hobby Dress-up game, then I went about my business.  Shortly after, she came up to me with a print out.  I began to scold her, because my kids have been known to have an little problem regarding printing stuff.  As in, they would use my entire ink cartridge in one day and send me out for another if I didn't put my foot down.  Before I was able to really get on her, she said, "But MOM!  It is a recipe!  I HAD to print it so that I could make it!"  Now, how can I be mad at that?  A girl after my own heart, printing out recipes when she could be playing computer games.

We made the muffins, and I must say they were DELICIOUS!  Nice choice Grace!  Her brothers appreciated her effort very much!  She was very excited for me to blog her recipe too, so here it is!








Gracie's Chocolate Muffins

1 3/4 c. all-purpose flour
1 c. sugar
1/2 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 c. milk
1/2 c. (1 stick) butter, melted
1/2 c. chocolate chips
Additional Chocolate chips for sprinkling on top

Preheat oven to 375*.  Grease or line with paper cupcake liners a 12 muffin pan.

Combine the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, soda, and salt in a medium bowl.  Whisk to blend.

Add the eggs, milk, and melted butter.  Stir until just blended.  Stir in the chocolate chips.  Spoon into the prepared pan.  Sprinkle a few additional chocolate chips on top of each muffin.   Bake until puffed and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean; 18-20 minutes.  Transfer to a wire rack and cool 5 minutes.  Invert and cool completely.  

Makes 12 muffins

Source: Slightly adapted from a recipe Grace found on Nick Jr.

3 comments:

  1. How nice to have an assistant in the house looking out for good recipes. Tell Gracie that they look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute. Maybe one day she'll have her own food blog. It looks like she's already honing her skills in the kitchen and has a great eye for good recipes. By the way, I'll be holding a new linky party on my blog starting this Saturday called "Sweets for a Saturday" and I would love it if you came by then and linked these up.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails