Monday, November 8, 2010

My Thanksgiving Menu

It is time I start to construct a Thanksgiving Menu.  This is not set in stone, I am feeling a little apprehensive about Ree's Caramel-Pumpkin Cheesecake so I might change that.  I also need to decide on a few other desserts.  It wouldn't be Thanksgiving without Pumpkin Pie, I just don't know which recipe I am using.  Stay tuned!

Appetizers:
Smoky Sesame Cheese Log & Crackers

Vegetable Tray

Main Meal:
Green Bean Casserole, or I might decide to do the Green Bean Casserole Alton Brown Style again


Cranberry-Pomegranate Sauce- I am intrigued by this.  We LOVE Cran-Pom juice, so why not!

Turkey Brine: I really want to try a fresh turkey this year, we have always gotten frozen.  Are these hard to find as the day draws near?  Anyone have any experience, especially locally?

Dinner Rolls- Will these finally be the rolls I DON'T screw up at Thanksgiving???

Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes

Roasted Thanksgiving Turkey

Turkey Gravy

My MIL's Slow Cooker Stuffing, similar to this one, it just eliminates the mushrooms and adds pork sausage

Desserts:

Jello Jigglers (specially requested by my children)

Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie

Pumpkin Pie

Chocolate Pudding Pie

Caramel Pumpkin Gingersnap Cheesecake

5 comments:

  1. Just one question... what time do we eat :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And another question after Kristin....should I bring the wine? ^..^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure what time we are eating yet, I'll keep you posted:) Wine sounds great! The more the merrier! Last year it was just the hubby, kids, and I and I still cooked for 25;P Really hoping some of our family will join us this year too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, fresh Turkeys are not hard to buy. You need to order them ahead at Whole Foods or Vitamin Cottage. Those are the stores I know of. I ordered a Heritage Turkey. It comes from Mary's Farm in California. I have some info on my blog where to buy and order them. Check it out!
    Your menu sounds yummy. Will you come and cook, please?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had a wonderful Thanksgiving menu. All those desserts. That is so naughty. Isn't it fun to be naughty, like that. Which is your favorite desserit.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails