Friday, July 16, 2010

Mongolian Beef

Thinking about this Mongolian Beef recipe and looking at my picture makes my mouth water.  It was SO totally delicious.  I think it is, quite possibly, the best new recipe I have tried recently.  I can guarantee I will be making it again soon.  I always know something is a hit when everyone eats it without complaining.  As a mother, having all 3 of my kids eat ANYTHING that my husband and I also enjoy without complaining, makes me feel like I won a cooking contest.  We are all huge lovers of Chinese food, so that always helps too.  Plus, my kids love to use chopsticks.  We are making great strides at mastering those too!  We are lucky that Mr. Recipe Addict is so proficient and willing to give frequent demonstrations throughout dinner;-)


Mongolian Beef

1 1/2 lbs. flank steak, sliced very think across the grain
1/3 c. cornstarch
Canola Oil
6 scallions, cut in 1-inch pieces
1 1/2 tsp. minced fresh ginger
1 1/2 Tbsp. chopped garlic
3/4 c. low sodium soy sauce
1/3 c. water
3/4 c. dark brown sugar
2 scallions, cut in 1-inch pieces, reserved for garnish

Sprinkle cornstarch over the sliced steak and toss until the pieces are evenly coated.  Let sit while you make the sauce.  On medium-low heat, cook the ginger, garlic, soy sauce, water, and brown sugar, mixing constantly until the sugar dissolves.  Raise the heat and stir until the sauce boils.  Remove from heat and set aside.  

Cover the bottom of a large frying pan or wok with enough Canola oil to coat and heat over high heat.  Once the oil is hot, add the steak and saute it until browned on all sides.

Remove the steak with a slotted spoon and place on paper-towel lined plate.

Remove any leftover oil from the pan, then add the steak, sauce, and scallions.  Cook over medium heat for a few more minutes until heated through.  

Serve over rice.

Adapted From: Sticky Cook

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails