Thursday, July 29, 2010

August Menu Plan

I can hardly believe July is already drawing to a close and it is time to start planning for August.  A couple of short weeks, and I will get to go check out the brand spanking new elementary school that my kids are going to be lucky enough to attend!  It should be interesting being there from the beginning at a new school and seeing how they get the ball rolling on everything, specifically, the PTO which is what I will be going for.

Looking at our menu, it looks very short on vegetables.  That is not the case though.  With vegetables, especially in the summer, I like to see what looks good in the garden or at the store each week and go from there.  I do one big monthly grocery trip for all the main courses and things you see listed, but I also do a quick stop each week to pick up fresh produce.  For me, this method ROCKS.  It means, I only need to get really organized 1 time per month, then we are ready to eat delicious meals all month without hardly a thought on my part!  When possible, I linked to my inspiration (if it is my first time making it or it just isn't on my blog yet).  Sometimes I make it exactly like the recipe it is linked to, others I just use it as a base and change it up to suit me and my family.

Dinners:
1st: Grilled Chicken with Lemon Basil Pasta & French Baguettes  with Sicilian Butter
2nd: Chicken Parmesan Heroes 
3rd: The Original Loose Meat Sandwich  & Crash Hot Potatoes
4th: Spaghetti Alla Carbonara
5th: Shrimp Pasta in a Foil Package
6th: Homemade Pizza: 1 Pepperoni/Green Olive & 1 Wise Guy
7th: Cathy's Sherried Tomato Soup & Tomato & Basil Grilled Cheese
8th: Judge's Fantastic Shredded Pork & Sweet Restaurant Slaw 
9th: Ground Round Chicken Tortilla Soup
10th: Mini-Mac Sliders & Firehouse Taters
11th: Italian Zucchini Bake 
12th: Balsamic Glazed Salmon & Sun-Dried Tomato Risotto
13th: Gone for Pickle Packing Party;)
14th: Gone for Pickle Packing Party;)
15th: Oriental Fried Rice
16th: Fettuccine Alfredo & Grilled Chicken Breast
17th: Big Daddy's Dirty Rice
18th: Oven Ham Sammies
19th: Garlic-Skewered & Grilled Shrimp & Stuffed Baked Potatoes
20th: Taco Night
21st: Tangy Sirloin Strips & Zucchini Au Gratin
22nd: Butter Chicken  over Steamed Rice & Roasted Broccoli
23rd: Huli-Huli Chicken
24th: Beef Chimichangas
25th: Easy Calzones
26th: Panko & Herb Encrusted Tilapia & Cheddar Brushetta
27th: Homemade Pizza
28th: California BLT's
29th: Slow Cooker Buffalo Sandwiches
30th: General Tso's Chicken, Steamed White Rice, & Egg Rolls with Sweet & Sour
31st: Spaghetti & Meatballs, Garlic Bread, & Side Salad

Breakfast/Brunch Ideas:
*Muffins That Taste Like Doughnuts
*Make Ahead Muffins Melts
*Bacon Breakfast Pizza
*Banana Crumb Muffins
*Homemade Maple Syrup
*Herb &  3-Cheese Omlet

Lunch:
*Creamy Pimento Cheese
*Grilled Banana & Nutella Panini

Snacks:
*Monster Cookies
*Special K Bars
*Oatmeal Cream Pies
*Spinach & Artichoke Dip
*Sausage Stuffed Jalapenos
*Sex on the Beach
*Mexican Dip
*Antiquity Rose Rhubarb Upside Down Cake
*Hot Fudge Sundae Sauce
*Microwave Caramel Corn
*M&M Sugar Cookies

For My Spoiled Dog:
*Birthday Bones

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails