Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Pizza Burgers

I must say, these were the best pizza burgers that I have ever had.  I think they would be even better with some sliced black olives and maybe some mushrooms.  My husband and kids would turn their noses up at them then, but if you have more adventurous eaters, it would be great!  

I invented this recipe last night.  I had pizza burgers on my menu for the month, and I forgot to write down the recipe I intended.  I was in a hurry, so I just created my own!  

Here is the meat mixture all ready to go!  May I add, I LOVE my new chop and stir?  Thank you Cyndee!


Pizza Burgers

1 lb. ground beef
1/2 c. minced onion
1/2 Tbsp. minced garlic
1/3 c. pepperoni, quartered
15 oz. jar pizza sauce (I used my own homemade)
Shredded Mozzarella
Buns, buttered and toasted

In a 12 inch skillet, combine ground beef, onion, and garlic.  Cook until ground beef is browned.  Add pepperoni and pizza sauce.  Simmer over medium-low heat for about 10-15 minutes.  

Serve on a toasted bun topped with mozzarella cheese!

Simple and delicious! 

1 comment:

  1. What a cool idea for a burger! When I was little, we ate pizza buns (hamburger buns with pizza sauce, cheese and pizza toppings). This meatier version will be sure to please the carnivore I live with. :) If making them for myself, I would probably include some mushrooms or other toppings too!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails