Monday, May 10, 2010

Rhubarb Streusel Bars

I am feeling a little bit down today, I should really bake myself some of these bars for comfort.  I received this recipe (along with a few other fantastic rhubarb recipes) and some fresh rhubarb from my neighbors garden my first summer in my house.  Now, several years later, we have our own rhubarb plants but this is still a favorite recipe of everyone.  Try this, even if you think you don't like rhubarb, it is to die for!



Rhubarb Streusel Bars

Bottom Crust:
1 c. flour
1/3 c. powdered sugar
1/3 c. butter

Mix (I like to throw it in my food processor to easily get the butter evenly distributed throughout) and press into 9 x 9 greased baking dish.  Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.  

Filling:
1 1/4 c. sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 c. flour
3 c. rhubarb, chopped
1/2 tsp. salt

Mix all together and pour over hot crust.

Topping:
3/4 c. flour
1/3 c. butter
1/2 c. sugar
1/4 tsp. cinnamon

Mix (again, I use my food processor), and sprinkle topping over filling.

Bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails