Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Chicken Crescent Rolls (AKA Chicken Baseballs)

I am sure many of you have seen or made a recipe similar to this one.  I used to make this differently, with celery, ranch dressing mix, etc. but I like this version better because I feel like it is a bit more healthful.  It is something my kids like so I usually make it a couple of times a year (that is a lot for me, LOL;).  It is also quick, easy, and filling.  This is a great place to use leftover turkey or chicken up.  If not, my favorite method of cooking the chicken for this recipe is to submerge it in water, bring to a boil, and simmer for about 20 minutes until cooked through.

Also, you will note below the recipe I have included the nutritional information for the recipe.  This is something I am going to try to do with at least some of my recipes.  Hey, who doesn't have to calorie count from time to time?  Well, not my husband, dang him.


Chicken Crescent Rolls

1 lb. chicken breasts, cooked 
8 oz. can refrigerated Crescent Rolls, reduced fat
4 oz. Co-Jack cheese, shredded
3 oz. light cream cheese, softened
1/4 c. onion, diced
2 Tbsp. 1% milk
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
1/4 tsp. seasoned salt
paprika or cayenne pepper (depending if you want to add some spice or not)


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Combine the cream cheese, onion, milk, seasoned salt, and mix well.  Add the chicken and shredded cheese and mix until chicken is well coated.  Add pepper to taste.  

Unroll the crescent rolls and divide to make 4 squares.  Fill each square with the chicken mixture.  Bring all 4 corners of the dough to the center over the mixture and pinch until dough is mostly sealed.  Keep in mind, they don't need to be perfect, the dough will puff up some when they bake. 

Sprinkle bundles with paprika or cayenne. 

Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden brown.


Nutritional Info
  • Servings Per Recipe: 4
  • Amount Per Serving
  • Calories: 444.1
  • Total Fat: 22.5 g
  • Cholesterol: 101.6 mg
  • Sodium: 1,051.4 mg
  • Total Carbs: 27.1 g
  • Dietary Fiber: 0.4 g
  • Protein: 36.7 g




1 comment:

  1. The Y child drop - hilarious. A good reminder that Bis still is a small town in many ways. :) Oh, how I wish I really really liked it - we're trying to wean him into it, obviously. But he's the kid that cries - gotta have at least one of them in the group. Maybe we'll run into each other one day! In the meantime, lately I've started weekly meal planning too, even if one day says "leftovers" and another day says "frozen pizza"...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails