Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Mini Maple Chocolate Chip Pancake Muffins

When I saw these adorable little pancake muffins on bakerella. I knew I had to try them.  We love to have a big breakfast on Saturday and I am always looking for new things to try.  The hard part is always finding something my husband and kids will enjoy.  The aren't fans of the egg bake type dishes that there are so many variations of (although I would love to make more of those).  Honestly, the rest of my family would probably be happiest if I just made pancakes or waffles every single time.  For me, that is far too boring, though.  The thing I enjoy about cooking is exploring new foods, so there is no way I want to get stuck in that kind of rut;P

These were an absolute hit and I will definitely be making them again.  As a matter of fact, I made a double batch and they were all gone by lunchtime.  Another plus, these are actually even easier than pancakes!  No standing over a griddle flipping forever!  

Mini Maple Chocolate Chip Pancake Muffins

1 c. flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. sugar
2/3 c. buttermilk
1 egg
2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup (honestly, I only had the fake stuff on hand so that is what I used.  I'm sure the real thing would be better though)
2 Tbsp. melted butter
1/2 c. milk chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350*.  

Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar in a medium bowl.  Sift together with a wire whisk.  

In another bowl, stir buttermilk, egg, syrup, and butter until just combined.  Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir with a spoon until combined.  Stir in chocolate chips reserving a few to sprinkle on the tops.  

Divide batter equally between 24 mini muffins.  Sprinkle reserved chips on top.  Bake for 8-9 minutes.  

Let cool slightly and remove from pan.  You may need to use a toothpick around the edges to separate the pancake muffins from the pan.  

Serve immediately with warmed butter or just warm maple syrup.  (We just dipped them in syrup and it was fantastic)

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails